50194: Expense Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 (1 Day)
About this Course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to implement, adjust or use the Expense Management module of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. The training course covers setting up the expense management module, creating, approving and posting expense reports and cash advances, the use of tools during expense entry, configuring workflow, importing credit card transactions, per diem expenses and project related expenses. This course uses both the Rich Client and Enterprise Portal user interfaces.
This course is intended for both professionals that are implementing the expense management module as well as end users of the module.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A working knowledge of the navigation and use of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- A working knowledge of the use of general ledger and accounts payable in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- If students wish to understand project expense reports then it is desirable that they have some knowledge of the projects module.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of using Expense Management module in Dynamics AX 2009.
- Describe the workflow for creating and approving expense reports.
- Setup basic data required to use the expense management module.
- Enter expense reports on the enterprise portal.
- Learn the options available for each expense category.
- Use expense report tools hotel itemizer, split expense, add guests and attach receipts.
- Understand how to work with personal expenses.
- Approve expense reports.
- Understand workflow terminology.
- Setup workflow configuration.
- View workflow comments.
- Understand the different expense payment methods.
- Reimburse employees through the accounts payable module.
- Add imported credit card transaction to an expense report.
- Import credit card statements.
- Setup expense categories for use in projects.
- Enter project expenses.
- Setup project validation policies.
- Understand the setup of base data and parameters required for per diem calculation.
- Enter per diem transactions on an expense report.
- Understand the workflow of cash advance processing.
- Setup cash advance parameters.
- Request and approve a cash advance.
- Apply cash advances to expenses incurred.
- Request a return of a cash advance.
Module 1: Expense report overview and basic setup
This module introduces the Expense Management module. It provides an overview of the complete process from creation to posting of an expense report. It also covers the basic setup required to use the expense module.
- Expense Management Process Flow
- Setup required for report header fields
- Setup required for report lines
- General setup and parameters
Lab : Full expense report process flow – creation, approval, posting.
Lab : Create an expense categoryLab : Define expense policies
Lab : Setup delegates
Lab : Add additional fields
Module 2: Working with expense reports
Thismodule goes into detail of creating, approving and posting expense reports. It covers the various expense category requirements and tools available within the expense report.
- Expense report list page in Enterprise Portal
- Creating expense reports
- Adding expense transactions and expense categories in detail
- Expense report tools
- Approving expense reports
- Posting expense reports
Lab : Create an expense report
Lab : Adding expense transactions
Lab : Using expense tools – guests, hotel itemizer, splitting expenses
Lab : Submit for approvalLab : Posting options
Module 3: Workflow configuration
This module covers the setup and configuration of workflow which is an integral part of the expense management module.
- Workflow terminology
- Workflow templates
- Workflow configuration
- Workflow instances
- Workflow comments
Lab : Add an approval step to an existing workflow
Module 4: Payment methods
This module covers the advanced aspects of payment methods including reimbursements and imported credit card transactions.
- Employee methods of payment and reimbursement
- Vendor methods of payment
- Imported credit card transactions
Lab : Posting employee method of payments and reimbursement
Lab : Adding imported credit card transactions to an expense report
Lab : View credit card transaction history
Lab : Import a credit card statement
Module 5: Project expenses
This module describes how to use expense management to post expense transactions to a project.
- Setting up expense categories for posting project transactions
- Adding project expenses to an expense report
- Project expense policies
Lab : Enable an expense category for posting project transactions
Lab : Add a project expense
Lab : Setup project expense policies
Module 6: Per diems
This module covers setting up and using per diems.
- Per diem setup
- Adding per diems to an expense report
Lab : Setup Per diem locations
Lab : Setup per diem rates
Lab : Setup per diem partial day reductions/increases
Lab : Adding a per diem to an expense report
Module 7: Cash advances
This module covers cash advances.
- Cash advance setup
- Creating a cash advance request
- Approving a cash advance request
- Posting a cash advance request
- Applying a cash advance to future expense reports
- Returning a cash advance
Lab : Create a cash advance request
Lab : Approve a cash advance request
Lab : Apply a partial cash advance to an expense report
Lab : Return an unused portion of a cash advance
*E-Tek is an authorized Prometric testing center, offering official Microsoft certification exams at its Secaucus, New Jersey (NJ) location.