Application Integration Framework in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Course 50192a: One Day; Instructor-Led
About this Course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to implement, adjust or use the Application Integration Framework (AIF) module of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. The training course covers installing and configuring AIF for use with the File System and Web services adapters. The participants will learn how to configure documents supplied with the standard application, create new documents, use the six different actions allowed with each document – find, findkey, read, create, update, delete. They will also learn how to create web services and consume the web service from a C# .net program.
This course is intended for both professionals that are implementing the AIF module as well as end users of the module.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A working knowledge of the navigation and use of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- A working knowledge of development in Microsoft Dynamics AX using the AOT and X++.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define the Application Integration Framework (AIF).
- Explain and describe the AIF functions and architecture.
- Use the terminology unique to AIF.
- Explain the application integration server requirements.
- Install the Application Integration Server Prerequisites.
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics AX application integration server.
- Configure IIS for use with AIF.
- Define documents within the Application Integration Framework.
- Use standard documents included in the standard application.
- Use the Axd and AxBC base classes.
- Use the File System adapter to test document configurations.
- Create new documents.
- Modify existing documents.
- Use the Read action with a document.
- Use the Find action with a document.
- Use the Findkey action with a document.
- Use the Create action with a document.
- Use the Update action with a document.
- Use the Delete action with a document.
- Generate web services from documents in AIF.
- Verify the web service has been created.
- Consume the web service from visual studio.
- Debug the call to AX from a web service.
Module 1: Installation and configuration
This module introduces the Application Integration Framework module, covering architecture and installation. It also provides an overview of the configuration options available.
- The Application Integration Framework
- Architecture Overview
- AIF Configuration
- File System Exchange
- Application Integration Server Requirements
- Install the Application Integration Server
Lab : Modify the identity of the user used for the web site
Module 2: documents
This module discusses documents within AIF. Standard documents are described, as well as the process for creating new documents.
- Documents supplied with the standard application
- Document architecture
- Using documents – File System
- Creating new documents
- Testing documents
- Modifying existing documents
Lab : Create a new document for the Production Order table
Lab : Add the customer balance to the Customer document
Module 3: Actions
This module covers each of the six actions available with every document. This is a very important part of AIF as every process uses one or more of these actions.
Lab : Retrieve a list of production ordersLab : Create, update and delete a customer
Module 4: Web services
This module describes how to create and consume web services that are hosted by Dynamics AX. A C#.net program is used to illustrate how this is done.
- Creating a web service
- Viewing the web service
- Create a C#.net program to consume a web service
- Testing a web service
- Debugging a web service
Lab : Create a web service for the production order document
Lab : Create a .net program to consume the web service
*E-Tek is an authorized Prometric testing center, offering official Microsoft certification exams at its Secaucus, New Jersey (NJ) location.