Microsoft® Office Word 2007: Level 3
Course number: 084383
Software: Microsoft® Office Word 2007
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: Microsoft Office Specialist: Microsoft Office Word 2007
You know to use Microsoft® Office Word 2007 to create and format typical business documents. Now, you may need to work on more complex documents. In this course, you will use Word to create, manage, revise, and distribute long documents and forms.
You will create, manage, revise, and distribute long documents and forms.
This course is intended for individuals interested in pursuing Microsoft Office Specialist certification in Microsoft Office Word 2007.
Students should be able to use Microsoft Office Word 2007 to create, edit, format, save, and print business documents that contain text, tables, and graphics. Students should also be able to use a web browser and an email program. A basic understanding of XML would also be helpful. In order to understand how Word interacts with other applications in the Microsoft Office System, students should have a basic understanding of how worksheets and presentations work. To ensure success, you need to first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge:Microsoft® Office Word 2007: Level 1Microsoft® Office Word 2007: Level 2Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Microsoft® Office Word 2007 : Level 3 is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (Office Specialist) skill sets. The Office Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more product proficiency exams in order to earn Office Specialist certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use Microsoft Office Word 2007 with other programs.
- collaborate on documents.
- manage document versions.
- add reference marks and notes.
- make long documents easier to use.
- secure a document.
- create forms.
- use XML in Word.
Lesson 1: Using Microsoft® Office Word 2007 with Other Programs
- Topic 1A: Link to a Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 Worksheet
- Topic 1B: Link a Chart to Excel Data
- Topic 1C: Send a Document Outline to PowerPoint
- Topic 1D: Extract Text from a Fax
- Topic 1E: Send a Document as an Email Message
Lesson 2: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic 2A: Modify User Information
- Topic 2B: Send a Document for Review
- Topic 2C: Review a Document
- Topic 2D: Compare Document Changes
- Topic 2E: Merge Document Changes
- Topic 2F: Review Track Changes and Comments
Lesson 3: Managing Document Versions
- Topic 3A: Create a New Version of a Document
- Topic 3B: Compare Document Versions
- Topic 3C: Merge Document Versions
Lesson 4: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
- Topic 4A: Insert Bookmarks
- Topic 4B: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic 4C: Add Captions
- Topic 4D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic 4E: Add Cross-References
- Topic 4F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Making Long Documents Easier to Use
- Topic 5A: Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Topic 5B: Insert an Index
- Topic 5C: Insert Table of Figures
- Topic 5D: Insert Table of Authorities
- Topic 5E: Insert Table of Contents
- Topic 5F: Create a Master Document
- Topic 5G: Automatically Summarize a Document
Lesson 6: Securing a Document
- Topic 6A: Update a Document's Properties
- Topic 6B: Hide Text
- Topic 6C: Remove Personal Information from a Document
- Topic 6D: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic 6E: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Topic 6F: Set a Password for a Document
- Topic 6G: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 7: Creating Forms
- Topic 7A: Add Form Fields to a Document
- Topic 7B: Protect a Form
- Topic 7C: Save a Form Data as Plain Text
- Topic 7D: Automate a Form
Lesson 8: Using XML in Word
- Topic 8A: Tag an Existing Document
- Topic 8B: Save a Document as XML
- Topic 8C: Transform an XML Document
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Specialist Program