084574: Microsoft Office 2010: Transition from Office 2003 (First Look) (1 Day)
Course Objective: You will work with the new and updated features of Microsoft Office 2010.
Target Student: Users with prior experience of previous versions of the Microsoft Office suite, who are looking to transition to 2010 and want to know what the new features of Office 2010 are.
Prerequisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with prior versions of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PPT, Word, Access, and Outlook).To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of E-Tek's Level 1 courses, such as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Word® 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2003: Level 1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the features that are common to all applications in the Microsoft Office suite.
- modify documents using Microsoft Office Word 2010.
- present spreadsheet data using Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
- create Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 presentations.
- work with databases using Access 2010.
- manage tasks using the new features in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- share files in Microsoft Office 2010.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2010
- Topic 1A: Customize the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Work with Contextual Tabs
- Topic 1C: Save Files
- Topic 1D: Print Files
Lesson 2: Modifying Documents Using Microsoft Office Word 2010
- Topic 2A: Use the Navigation Pane
- Topic 2B: Apply Text Styles
- Topic 2C: Work with SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 2D: Insert Screenshots in a Document
- Topic 2E: Compare Reviewed Documents
Lesson 3: Working with Spreadsheets Using Microsoft Office Excel 2010
- Topic 3A: Work with Tables in Excel 2010
- Topic 3B: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic 3C: Apply a Formula
- Topic 3D: Work with Charts
- Topic 3E: Create Sparklines
- Topic 3F: Work with PivotTables and PivotCharts
Lesson 4: Creating Dynamic Presentations Using Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Topic 4A: Apply Themes
- Topic 4B: Apply Picture Effects to Presentations
- Topic 4C: Applying Animation Effects
- Topic 4D: Add Videos to a Presentation
- Topic 4E: Divide a Presentation into Sections
Lesson 5: Working with Databases Using Microsoft Office Access 2010
- Topic 5A: Work with Tables
- Topic 5B: Work with Forms
- Topic 5C: Work with Macros
- Topic 5D: Work with Reports
- Topic 5E: Work with External Data
- Topic 5F: Designing a Database for the Web
Lesson 6: Managing Tasks with Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
- Topic 6A: Manage Mail Messages
- Topic 6B: Locate Information Quickly
- Topic 6C: Share Calendar Information
- Topic 6D: Share Information by Using an Electronic Business Card
- Topic 6E: Add RSS Feeds Through Outlook 2010
Lesson 7: Sharing Microsoft Office 2010 Files
- Topic 7A: Protect Files
- Topic 7B: Share Files Using Office Web Apps
Transition from Office 2003