50535 : Learn Microsoft Outlook 2010 Step by Step, Level 1
About this Course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the features and functions of Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows 7.
Course Outline :
Module 1: Get Started with Outlook 2010
- Connecting to E-Mail Accounts
- Troubleshooting Connection Problems
Lab : Connecting to E-Mail Accounts
- Configure Outlook to connect to an e-mail account
- Setup Outlook.
- Troubleshoot issues that come up during setup.
Module 2: Explore the Outlook Windows
- Working in the Outlook Program Window
- Working with the Ribbon and the Backstage View
- Working in the Mail Module
- Working in the Calendar Module
- Working in the Contacts Module
- Working in the Tasks Module
Lab : Working in the Mail Module
- Explore tools for managing windows and content
Lab : Working in the Calendar Module
- Explore the calendar item windows
Lab : Working in the Contacts Module
- Explore the contact record window
Lab : Working in the Tasks Module
- Explore the task window
- Customize the Outlook program window.
- Use the Backstage View for file management tasks.
- Navigate through in the primary Outlook module windows.
Module 3: Send and Receive E-Mail Messages
- Creating and Sending Messages
- Attaching Files to Messages
- Viewing Messages and Message Attachments
- Configuring Reading Pane Behavior
- Viewing Message Participant Information
- Responding to Messages
Lab : Creating and Sending Messages
- Create, save, and send a message
Lab : Attaching Files to Messages
- Send files as attachments
Lab : Viewing Messages and Message Attachments
- View messages and attachments
Lab : Responding to Messages
- Respond to messages in different ways
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Write and send e-mail messages.
- Attach files to e-mail messages.
- Read messages, and view message attachments.
- Use different methods of responding to messages.
Module 4: Store and Access Contact Information
- Saving and Updating Contact Information
- Communicating with Contacts
- Displaying Different Views of Contact Records
- Printing Contact Records
Lab : Saving and Updating Contact Information
- Create and edit a contact record
Lab : Displaying Different Views of Contact Records
- Change the display of contact records
Lab : Printing Contact Records
- Print contact lists and contact records
- Add contacts to address lists.
- Update existing contact information.
- Show contact information in different ways.
- Print contact information.
Module 5: Managing Scheduling
- Scheduling and Changing Appointments
- Scheduling and Changing Events
- Scheduling Meetings
- Responding to Meeting Requests
- Displaying Different Views of a Calendar
Lab : Scheduling and Changing Appointments
- Enter and edit appointments
Lab : Scheduling and Changing Events
- Create and edit an event
Lab : Scheduling Meetings
- Create and send a meeting request
Lab : Displaying Different Views of a Calendar
- Display your calendar for different periods of time and in different views
- Create and change appointments.
- Create and change events.
- Create and send a meeting request.
- View the calendar in different ways.
Module 6: Track Tasks
- Creating Tasks
- Updating Tasks
- Removing Tasks and Items from Task Lists
- Managing Task Assignments
- Displaying Different Views of Tasks
Lab : Creating Tasks
- Flag messages for follow-up and create new tasks
Lab : Updating Tasks
- Update task status
Lab : Managing Task Assignments
- Assign a task
Lab : Displaying Different Views of Tasks
- Display different views of tasks
- Flag messages for follow-up.
- Create and change tasks.
- Change the status of a task and remove it from the Task Lists.
- Assign tasks to other people.
- View tasks in different ways.