50534:Learn Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, Level 3
About this Course
Module 1: Import and Export Data
- Import information.
- Export information.
- Copy to and from other Office programs.
- Create navigation forms.
- Create custom categories.
- Control which features are available.
- Assign passwords to databases
- Split databases.
- Secure databases for distribution.
- Prevent database problems.
- Change default program options.
- Customize the ribbon.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
This module explains how to populate the tables of a database by importing existing information from other sources and how to use information that exists in an Access database in other programs.Lessons
- Importing Information
- Exporting Information
- Copying to and from Other Office Programs
- Import data from a database, a text file, and an Excel worksheet
- Export a table in various formats
Module 2: Make Databases User FriendlyAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Copy data between Access, Excel, and Word
This module explains how to make databases easier to access and manipulate, and more difficult to unintentionally change or delete.Lessons
- Avoid having to rekey data that exists in other file formats by importing the data into Access.
- Avoid having to rekey data that exists in an Access database by exporting the data for use in other programs.
- Creating Navigation Forms
- Creating Custom Categories
- Controlling Which Features Are Available
- Create a two-level navigation form
- Create a custom category
Module 3: Protect DatabasesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Set and bypass startup options
This module explains how to ensure that a database’s data is secure and that its data is available and useable.Lessons
- Create a navigation form that users can click to display and work with forms and reports.
- Provide users with easy access to the objects they need to work with.
- Use startup options to display or hide features.
- Assigning Passwords to Databases
- Splitting Databases
- Securing Databases for Distribution
- Preventing Database Problems
- Protect a data-base with a password
- Split a database
- Save a database as an ACCDE file
Module 4: Customize AccessAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Back up a database, and run utilities to detect problems
This module explains how to customize the program options to suit your work needs.Lessons
- Password-protect a database.
- Organize a database into back-end and front-end components to speed up its performance over a network.
- Create a secure database file so that users can view and update data but not change base objects.
- Back up the database.
- Run Access utilities to optimize the database’s performance.
- Changing Default Program Options
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Explore the Access Options dialog box
- Experiment with ribbon customizations, including custom groups and tabs
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Add buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar, and then test them
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Customize the program options to suit their working style.
- Turn off a tab and customize groups on the tab.
- Make new commands available on the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic file-management skills
- Basic knowledge of the Access 2010 interface and database, table, and form creation and manipulation
E-Tek is an authorized Prometric testing center, offering official Microsoft certification exams at its Secaucus, New Jersey (NJ) location.