803871 -Dynamics AX 2012 (R3) Human Resource Mgmt and Payroll Boot Camp (5 Days)
The AX modules of HR and Payroll must be taught together if you are taking Payroll. HR can be done as a stand alone but not Payroll. Payroll is not offered separately. HR is a part of Payroll.
Human Resource Management Days (1-3)
This course guides students through the complete setup and data entry for the Human resources module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. Students will learn how to use the Human resources module to track worker setup, absences, performance, compensation, and benefits. Additionally students will learn to maintain jobs and positions and recruit for open positions.
Who Should Attend
This training material is intended for experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX users who want to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot in Microsoft Dynamics AX Human Resources Management.
Module 1: Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Set Up Human Source Management
Module 2: Organization Set Up
- Organization Set Up
- Work with Positions
- Organization Reporting
- Position Budgeting Data
- Role-Based Security
- Global Address Book
Module 3: Worker Setup
- Setup for Worker Information
- Create a New Worker Record
- Position Assignment
- Maintain Workers
- Set Up Teams
- Union Setup
- Loan Equipment to Workers
- Manager I-9 Compliance
- Manage ADA Information
- Worker Reporting
Module 4: Administer Recruitment Process
- Set Up Recruitment Information
- Manage Recruitment Projects
- Manage the Applicant for Employment
- Applicant Review Process
- Hire for the Recruitment Project
- Recruitment Reporting
Module 5: Absence Administration
- Set Up Absence Information
- Manage Absences
- Absence Reporting
Module 6: Manage Competencies
- Set Up Competencies
- Record Competencies
- Report Competencies
Module 7: Manage Worker Performance
- Set Up Performance Information
- Manage Performance
- Performance Reports
Module 8: Administer Courses
- Set Up Training
- Manage Training
- Training Reports
Module 9: Manage Compensation
- Setup for Compensation
- Compensation Plans
- Process Events
- Update Compensation for Employees
- Pay for Performance
Module 10: Set Up Benefit Information
- Set Up Benefits
- Manage Benefit Eligibility
- Enroll Workers in Benefits
Module 11: Enterprise Portal
- Employee Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal for Managers
Lab: Create a Job Lab: Create a Position
Lab: Create a Worker
Lab: Loan Equipment to a Worker
Lab: Create the Recruitment Project
Lab: Create an Applicant for the Recruitment
Lab: Introduction to Human Resource Management
Lab: Enter an Absence
Lab: Enter Competencies for a Worker
Lab: Enter a Discussion and Goal for a Worker
Lab: Create a Course and Register a Worker
Lab: Create Compensation Plans and Enroll an Employee
Lab: Create a Benefit Plan
Lab: Enroll a Worker in a Plan
Dynamics AX 2012 Payroll (Days 4-5)
What You'll Learn
The training material completion objectives are for individuals to:
- Distinguish between types of organizational units.
- Set up an organizational structure.
- Link people to positions in the organization.
- Set up new employees and edit information for existing employees.
- Manage information related to both internal employees and external contacts.
- Manage employee affiliations.
- Work with payroll information and benefits.
- Grant equipment and asset loans to employees.
- Handle employee information such as courses, educations, and certificates.
- Set up recruitment projects.
- Move an applicant and his or her application through the recruitment process.
- Use recruitment reports.
- Set up the absence structure.
- Perform the major processes within absence management.
- Use the absence analysis tools.
- Pinpoint where, how, and why skills are used in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Set up skills and skill types.
- Register skills for employees.
- Use the skill mapping functionality.
- Structure and implement goals.
- Use appraisal interviews.
- Identify the basic actors in the course management structure (courses, participants, locations and instructors).
- Manage the process life cycle of a course, from design and deployment, through registration and execution, to evaluation.
- Manage participants.
- Access the HR functionality on the Enterprise Portal.
- Set up different users for Employee Services on the Enterprise Portal.
- Use the employee self service features from the employee viewpoint.
- Use the employee self service functionality from the line manager viewpoint.
- Use the employee self service functionality from the absence approver viewpoint.
- Perform the major processes within Competence Management.
- Identify the connection between compensation and employee performance.
This course guides students through the complete setup and processing phases of using the Payroll module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. Students will learn how to use the Payroll module to track worker earnings, benefits, and deductions. Additionally students will learn to create schedules and issue payments.
Who Should Attend
This training is intended for people who are on the Implementation Team, administering, or using the Payroll Module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This audience typically includes individuals who are tasked with assessing a customer's business needs and advising them on the use, configuration and customization of the application. Additionally, individuals responsible for training or supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 benefit from this training.
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- How payroll works with Human Resource Management (HRM)
- How payroll works with other modules
Module 2: Payroll Setup
- Setting Up the Module Parameters
- Pay Cycles and Pay Periods
- Calculation Frequencies
- Earning Codes
- Tax Setup
- General Ledger Setup
- Accounts Payable Setup
Module 3: Benefits Setup
- Benefit Elements
- Contribution Calculation Rates
- Create Benefits
- Benefit Accrual Plans
- Disposable Income Definitions
Module 4: Scheduling
- Working Time Templates
- Working Time Calendars
- Planning the Template For a Schedule
Module 5: Position Setup
- Payroll Setup For a Position
Module 6: Worker Setup
- Earning Codes
- Garnishments and Tax Levies
- Benefit Accruals
- Bank Accounts
- Position Assignment Changes
Module 7: Payroll Processing
- Generate Worker Earnings
- Work With Earnings Statements
- Generate Pay Statements
- Work With Pay Statements
- Issue Worker Payments
- Post Payroll and Generate Vendor Invoices for Benefits and Taxes
- Work With Issued Pay Statements
Lab: Create a Monthly Pay Cycle
Lab: Maintain Earning Codes
Lab: Set Up the Components of a Benefit
Lab: Working With Benefits
Lab: Set Up a Sick Leave Benefit Accrual Plan for Part-Time Workers
Lab: Create a Calendar
Lab: Set Up Payroll Information For a Position
Lab: Maintain Worker Benefit Details
Lab: Adjust the Worker's Paid Time Off Balance
Lab: Create Worker Earnings
Lab: Maintain the Earnings Statements
Lab: Generate Pay Statements
Lab: Working With Pay Statements
Lab: Issue Worker Payments
Lab: Post Payroll and Generate Vendor Invoices
Lab: Reissue a Payment for a Lost Check
Lab: Process a Gross Up Payment
What You'll Learn
After completing this training, individuals will be able to:
- Create and set up Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Set up Earnings
- Calculate Salary
- Generate Payments
- Understand the routine Payroll procedures in Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012