Course Duration: 3 Days
About This Course
- Lecture/Lab. Part One is the training phase of the course and consists of six modules. Each module has an associated paper-based lab that is based on an actual, real-world Office 365 deployment involving a medium-sized enterprise organization. The aim of the scenario is to confirm that students have learned the concepts from the modules.
- Case Study. Part Two is the testing phase and consists of a different scenario based on another real-world deployment, this time involving a large enterprise deployment. During the case study, students will work in groups to create a design solution for the organization that is based on the information provided in the scenario and gained from interviewing the instructor, who will role-play the part of the customer. Each group will then present its design to the remainder of the class.
- Is an enterprise architect, IT consultant or IT professional that has already planned and implemented Office 365 in a large corporate environment.
- Has hands-on experience with Office 365
- Wants to know the design factors behind Microsoft’s new FastTrack approach to deploying Office 365 through rapid piloting of Office 365, followed by the Deploy and Enhance phases.
At Course Completion
- Describe the Office 365 FastTrack deploymentmethodology
- Identify the benefits of the FastTrack approach compared to the current deployment process.
- Plan the Pilot phase of the FastTrack deployment process.
- Plan the Deploy phase to ensure this phase commences correctly.
- Plan the optional sections of the Enhance phase, depending on the customer’s requirements.
- Microsoft Certification Exam 70-347 - Enabling Office 365 Services.
Course OutlineModule 1: The Office 365 Deployment Challenge
- Reviewing Office 365
- Introducing the FastTrack Deployment Methodology
- Getting to the Pilot
Lab : Introducing the FastTrack Deployment Methodology
- Question the TAM
- Identify the Features and Benefits of Office 365 for the Customer
- List Possible Deployment Blockers
- Is the SFA Scenario suitable for the FastTrack Approach?
- Explain the FastTrack Deployment Methodology to the Customer
- Confirm that SFA can move to the Pilot Phase
- Describe the components of the Office 365 service
- Identify the differences between the old and the new deployment processes
- List the initial requirements that need to be met prior to starting the pilot phase
Module 2: Planning the Pilot Phase
- Overview of the Pilot Phase
- Identifying Environmental and Software Prerequisites
- Planning for Pilot Users
- Planning for Pilot Users
- Planning for Team Collaboration
Lab : Planning the Pilot Phase
- Initial Pilot Requirements
- Confirming Browser, Operating System and Office Versions
- Select Pre-Pilot users
- Select Pilot users
- Plan Mail Connectivity and Social Network Integration
- SharePoint Planning
- Pilot Design
- Provide an overview of the process and planning factors within the Pilot Phase
- Ensure that the customer environment meets the prerequisites for the Pilot
- Identify the factors that are important when selecting users to be part of the Pilot
- Plan to connect Office 365 to pilot users’ existing email
- Plan to provide team collaboration sites in SharePoint Online
Module 3: Planning the Deploy Phase - Part 1
- Overview of the Deploy Phase
- Planning Service Selection
- Planning Networking and Domains
- Planning User Management
Lab : Planning the Deploy Phase (Part 1)
- Service Selection
- Networking and Domain Planning
- Identity Management Planning
- Password Synchronization
- Active Directory Issues
- Troubleshooting DirSync (Optional)
- Explain the process and planning factors within the Deploy Phase
- Identify the planning decisions that need to select the correct mix of Office 365 services for the customer
- Plan domains for Office 365
- Plan how user accounts and identities will be managed
Module 4: Planning the Deploy Phase – Part 2
- Planning Email Migration
- Planning SharePoint Site Collections and sites
- Planning Lync Online
- Planning Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
Lab : Planning Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
- Fact Finding
- Summarizing the Exchange Online Options
- Planning Additional Factors for Exchange Online
- SharePoint Site Collections Planning
- Site Template Planning
- Lync Federation Planning
- Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
- Plan the migration of user email accounts and mail data to Office 365
- Plan the setting up of SharePoint Site Collections and Groups in Office 365
- Plan to introduce Lync Online
- Plan to deploy Office 365 ProPlus to users
Module 5: Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 1
- Overview of the Enhance Phase
- Planning Single Sign-On
- Planning Hybrid Exchange Deployments
Lab : Planning the Enhance Phase (Part 1)
- Identify Factors for SSO and Future SSO Requirements
- Identifying Hybrid Exchange Benefits
- Certificate Requirements
- Mail Routing
- Review the process and planning factors within the Enhance Phase
- Plan to implement single sign-on with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Plan for long-term coexistence with Exchange Hybrid deployment
Module 6: Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 2
- Planning Exchange Online Protection
- Planning SharePoint Online Customization
- Planning Hybrid SharePoint Implementations
Lab : Planning the Enhance Phase (Part 2)
- Justify Use of EOP
- Configure EOP
- Plan SharePoint Development
- Plan to integrate Exchange Online Protection.
- Plan for customization of SharePoint Online.
- Plan SharePoint Online hybrid deployments alongside SharePoint on-premises.
Module 7: Case Study
Lab : Case Study
- Scenario Information Delivery
- Initial Interview with the Customer
- Creating the Pilot Phase Design
- Second Interview with the Customer
- Creating the Deploy Phase Design
- Information Gathering for the Enhance Phase
- Creating the Enhance Phase Design
- Presenting Your Design
- Test their ability to create and present a complete FastTrack design plan for an organization.
- At least one year of experience with Office 365 and at least two years of in-role experience as a consultant or IT Professional.
- Knowledge of the individual components of Office 365, such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Lync, and Office 365 ProPlus.
- Experience with the Office 365 platform and its administrative console.
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows Azure Active Directory, Directory Synchronization (DirSync) and single sign-on (SSO) with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) 2.0.
- Successful deployment experience of Office 365 in a customer-facing engagement.
- Knowledge of the principles of IT project design.
- Ability to present and peer-review a project design.