2159: Deploying and Managing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 (3 Days)
About this Course
The goal of this course is to provide Information Technology (IT) professionals with the knowledge and skills to deploy and manage Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000 in an enterprise environment.
This course is intended for IT professionals and is not intended for network architects. Three of the major job roles performed by IT professionals to be addressed by this course include Web administrators, network administrators, and security administrators.
At Course Completion
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the use of ISA Server as a cache server and as an enterprise firewall.
- Install and configure ISA Server as a cache server and as a firewall.
- Configure access policies to enable security-enhanced Internet access for client computers.
- Configure ISA Server as a cache server.
- Configure ISA Server as a virtual private network (VPN).
- Configure ISA Server as a firewall.
- Configure access to selected internal resources.
- Monitor ISA Server activities by using alerts, logging, reporting, and real-time monitoring.
- Install and configure ISA Server for an enterprise environment.
Module 1: Overview of Microsoft ISA Server
- Introducing ISA Server
- Using Caching
- Using Firewalls
- Deployment Scenarios for ISA Server.
Module 2: Installing and Maintaining ISA Server
- Installing ISA Server
- Installing and Configuring ISA Server Clients
- Maintaining an ISA Server
Module 3: Enabling Security-Enhanced Internet Access
- Accessing Policies and Rules Overview
- Creating Policy Elements
- Configuring Access Polices and Rules
- Configuring Bandwidth Rules
- Using ISA Server Authentication
Module 4: Configuring Caching
- Cache Overview
- Configuring Cache Policy
- Configuring Cache Settings
- Configuring Scheduled Content Downloads
Module 5: Configuring Access for Remote Clients and Networks
- VPN Overview
- Configuring VPNs
Module 6: Configuring the Firewall
- Securing the Server
- Examining Perimeter Networks
- Examining Packet Filtering and IP Routing
- Configuring Packet Filtering and IP Routing
- Configuring Application Filters
Module 7: Configuring Access to Internal Resources
- Introduction to Publishing
- Configuring Web Publishing
- Configuring Server Publishing
- Adding an H.323 Gatekeeper
Module 8: Monitoring and Reporting
- Planning a Monitoring and Reporting Strategy
- Monitoring Intrusion Detection
- Monitoring ISA Server Activity
- Analyzing ISA Server Activity by Using Reports
- Monitoring Real-Time Activity
- Testing the ISA Server Configuration
Module 9: Configuring ISA Server for an Enterprise
- Introducing ISA Server Enterprise Edition
- Installing ISA Server in the Enterprise
- Using Enterprise Policies and Array Policies
- Managing Network Connections
- Scaling ISA Server
- Extending and Automating ISA Server Functionality
- Successfully completed Course 2152, Implementing Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional and Server or have equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Server.
- Successfully completed Course 2153, Implementing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure.
The course materials, lectures, and lab exercises are in English. To benefit fully from the instruction, students need an understanding of the English language and completion of the prerequisites.