2185: Deploying and Managing Microsoft Commerce Server 2000 (2 Days)
About this Course
The goal of this course is to teach IT professionals how to install, configure, deploy, and manage a Microsoft Commerce Server 2000 site.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the architecture, installation, deployment, and administration of Commerce Server in an enterprise organization.
At Course Completion
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the role of Commerce Server in an e-commerce enterprise, and the role of the IT professional in deploying and managing Commerce Server.
- Install Commerce Server and use Site Packager to package and unpack a Commerce Server site.
- Design and configure a network infrastructure that supports a Commerce Server deployment.
- Manage product data in Commerce Server by using Business Desk.
- Administer a Commerce Server site by using the tools that are included with Commerce Server.
- Manage and target user data in Commerce Server.
- Design and configure a security infrastructure that supports a Commerce Server deployment.
Module 1: Introduction to Deploying and Managing Commerce Server 2000
- Introduction to Commerce Server
- Examining roles in Commerce Server
- Deploying and managing Commerce Server
Module 2: Installing Commerce Server 2000
- Examining hardware requirements
- Installing prerequisite software
- Installing Commerce Server
- Installing a packaged site
- Installing and browsing Commerce Server Business Desk
Module 3: Creating a Network Infrastructure for Commerce Server 2000
- Examining parts of a network infrastructure
- Creating a network infrastructure
- Using network devices to enhance performance
Module 4: Managing Product Data by Using Business Desk
- Creating a product catalog
- Managing orders
Module 5: Administering Commerce Server 2000
- Monitoring and maintaining resources in Commerce Server
- Importing data to the Data Warehouse
Module 6: Targeting Users and Managing User Accounts
- Managing profiles
- Using campaigns to target users
- Creating and scheduling a direct mail campaign
Module 7: Designing and Configuring Security for Commerce Server 2000
- Helping to protect your network by using firewalls
- Configuring SQL Server security
- Configuring databases to store user profiles
- Securing Commerce Server files and resources
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Successfully completed Course 1560, Upgrading Support Skills from Microsoft Windows NT. 4.0 to Microsoft Windows 2000, or successfully completed Course 2154, Implementing and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services, or equivalent knowledge and skills.