50277: Advanced Topics in Silverlight 3 Development (2 Days)
About this Course
This two day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop Microsoft Silverlight 3 applications through a variety of available development tools and techniques. It introduces the new features and concepts being introduced with the new version of the technology. The course focuses on user interfaces, program structure and implementation details.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced .NET programmers who have a minimum of six months development experience and have basic Windows navigation skills.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate with the Silverlight hosting environment (HTML DOM).
- Use isolated offline storage in Silverlight applications.
- Localize Silverlight applications.
- Use DeepZoom in Silverlight applications.
- Create Out-Of-Browser experience for Silverlight 3 application and use isolated offline storage in Silverlight applications.
- Optimize Silverlight for SEO and use newly introduced navigation framework.
- Use new media formats and support custom media types.
- Use advanced graphics-related features in Silverlight 3.
- Create sample LOB application using .NET RIA Services.
- Use new features in Blend 3.
Module 1: Advanced Topics
This module explains how a Silverlight application can access network resources, how to access HTML DOM objects from Silverlight applications and expose Silverlight functionality to the hosting HTML page, how to access isolated storage files, how to localize Silverlight applications, how to use DeepZoom in Silverlight applications and how to create interactive media applications.
- Resource management
- Silverlight 3 Bitmap API and Pixel Shaders
- Silverlight application hosting
- Accessibility, Navigationand SEO
- Silverlight application initialization parameters
- Silverlight application deployment
- HTML DOM and Managed code
- Splash screen
- Using isolated storage
- Localizing Silverlight applications
- Out of Browser
- Deep Zoom
- Interactive media applications
- Digital Ink support
- Multi-touch on Windows 7
- .NET RIA Services
Lab : Hands On #1
- Self-training lab: Creating a user control with WCF service communication functionality, custom ViewStateManager states and styles, and integrating it into the application built in the previous labs.
Lab : RIA Services Exercise 1 and 2
- Getting Started with Silverlight RIA Applications
- Silverlight RIA Application Customization
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Working knowledge of Silverlight 2/3 basics (or Silverlight 3 Basics course)
- Highly recommended: web development knowledge (web development basics will not be covered in this course)