Adobe Acrobat 8.0: New Features
Course number: 084185; Half day; Instructor-Led
Software: Adobe Acrobat 8.0
You're already familiar with previous versions of Acrobat. You now want to learn about the new features in the latest version of Acrobat. In this course, you'll work with some of the new features of Acrobat 8.0.
Course Objective: You will use some of the new features of Acrobat 8.0 to produce professional-looking PDF documents.
Target Student: This course is designed for anyone who will use Acrobat 8 Standard/Professional to work with PDF files.
Prerequisites: Experience using Acrobat 7.0 or earlier, Standard or Professional edition.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- An Intel® Pentium III processor or equivalent.
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB or greater is recommended).
- A minimum of 860 MB of available hard-disk space; cache for optional installation files (recommended) requires an additional 460 MB of available hard-disk space, and an additional 30 MB for the course data files.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor.
- An installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor's computer screen.
- An active Internet connection with an intranet network is required for the activities in lessons 2 and 3.
Microsoft Exchange 2007 Server Requirements
- An Intel(r) Xenon processor at 3 Ghz or an AMD 64-bit processor that supports the AMD64 platform.
- 2 GB RAM and an additional 5 MB of RAM for every mailbox configured.
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 4 or Windows XP Professional, Home Edition, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later.
- Adobe® Acrobat 8.0 Professional (most activities require the Professional version, not Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Standard).
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2003.
- Windows 2007 Exchange server with IIS and SMTP.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create PDF documents.
- review PDF documents.
- work with forms.
- manage PDF documents.
- secure PDF documents.
- finalize PDF documents for printing.
Lesson 1: Creating PDF Documents
Topic 1A: Create a PDF Document Using a Blank Page
Topic 1B: Create PDF Documents from Other Applications
Topic 1C: Combine Multiple Files into a Single PDF
Lesson 2: Reviewing PDF Documents
Topic 2A: Perform Shared Reviews
Topic 2B: Manage Shared Reviews
Topic 2C: Create a Comments Summary PDF
Lesson 3: Working with Forms