084179: Adobe Acrobat 8.0: Level 1 (Second Edition) (1Day)
You may have used different applications to create documents and files for your own reference. However, you may now be required to share your files electronically by email, over a network, or on the web, so that recipients can view, print, and offer feedback. In this course, you will use Adobe® Acrobat® 8.0 to make your information more portable, accessible, and useful to meet the needs of your target audience.
Course Objective: You will use Adobe® Acrobat® 8.0 Professional to create, manage, and collaborate PDF documents.
Target Student: This course is designed for anyone who will use a computer and Acrobat 8.0 Standard/Professional to work with PDF files.
Prerequisites: Minimal experience with computers and common Microsoft applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet, and web browser applications.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1, Standard x64 Edition.
- Microsoft .NETFrameworkVersion2.0.
- WindowsPowerShell (for Exchange Management Shell).
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC)3.0.
- On all Mailbox servers with a 64-bit processor, you must install the hotfixes such as Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition (KB904639) and Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition (KB918980). In addition, Exchange2007 requires that you do not have the Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) service or the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service installed.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- Either Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or later or Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4 or later.
- An installed print driver. (Printers are not required; however, each PC must have an installed printer driver to use Print Preview.)
For computers that have the Mailbox server role installed, you must also install some Internet Information Services (IIS)6.0 components. Although the server roles that require these components have been separated from the Mailbox server role, the prerequisites have not yet been removed from the Mailbox server role. To install the Mailbox server role, the following IIS6.0 components must be installed:
- Enable network COM+ access
- Internet Information Services
- World Wide Web Service
For computers that have the Client Access server role installed, you must also install the following components:
- World Wide Web Service
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Proxy Windowsnetworking component
- ASP.NET version2.0
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- access information in a PDF document.
- create PDF documents.
- modify PDF documents.
- add PDF navigation aids.
- work with multiple PDF documents.
- review PDF documents.
Lesson 1: Accessing Information in PDF Documents
Topic 1A: Browse a PDF Document
Topic 1B: Navigate to Specific Content Within a PDF Document
Topic 1C: Conduct a Simple Search
Topic 1D: Extract Content from a PDF Document
Lesson 2: Creating PDF Documents
Topic 2A: Create a PDF Document from a Word Document
Topic 2B: Create PDF Documents Using the Print Command
Topic 2C: Create PDF Documents from Web Pages
Topic 2D: Create a PDF Document Using Acrobat
Topic 2E: Create PDF Documents Using Email Applications
Lesson 3: Modifying PDF Documents
Topic 3A: Manipulate PDF Document Pages
Topic 3B: Edit Content in a PDF
Topic 3C: Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 4: Adding PDF Navigation
Topic 4A: Use Bookmarks
Topic 4B: Work with Links
Topic 4C: Define Articles
Lesson 5: Working with Multiple PDF Documents
Topic 5A: Organize PDFs into a Collection
Topic 5B: Control Access to Multiple PDF Documents
Topic 5C: Search Multiple PDF Documents
Lesson 6: Reviewing a PDF Document
Topic 6A: Choose a Collaboration Workflow
Topic 6B: Add Review Tools to a PDF Document
Topic 6C: Digitally Sign a PDF Document
Topic 6D: Verify a Digital ID
Topic 6E: Markup a PDF Document
Topic 6F: Initiate a Meeting with Adobe Acrobat Connect
Appendix A: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Program®
Appendix B: Implementing a PDF Document Review
Supplemental Lesson Implementing Managed Reviews
Topic 1A: Initiate a Shared Review
Topic 1B: Initiate an Email-Based Review
Topic 1C: Initiate a Browser-Based Review
E-Tek is an authorized Prometric testing center, offering official Microsoft certification exams at its Secaucus, New Jersey (NJ) location.