50202: Windows Small Business Server 2008 Workshop (1 Day)
About This Workshop
This one-day hands-on workshop provides students with the necessary knowledge to plan and implement Windows Small Business Server 2008, and migrate from Windows Server 2003 or Windows Small Business Server 2003 to Windows Small Business Server 2008 in a classroom environment. This course covers new technology in Windows Small Business Server 2008. In addition, students gain first-hand knowledge about migrating their clients from Windows Small Business Server 2003 to Windows Small Business Server 2008.
This course is intended for technology consultants, system integrators, and in-house technology staff that serve small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and design, implement, and maintain a Small Business Server network for SMBs, and have experience with Windows Small Business Server 2003.
At Workshop Completion
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Install Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Configure Windows Small Business Server 2008 using the Windows Small Business
- Server 2008 Console.
- Manage users and groups in Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Manage messaging and collaboration in Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Manage and monitor Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Migrate to Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008.
Session 1: Installation and deployment
- Introduction to Windows Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 2008)
- System Requirements
- Installing SBS 2008
- Getting Started Tasks
- Joining clients to the SBS 2008 domain
Lab : Installation and Deployment
- Install and configure SBS 2008
- Join client computers to the SBS 2008 Domain
- Manage the Client Computer from the Windows SBS Console
Session 2: Administer users, groups and computers
- Managing Users and Groups
- Managing Computers
- Configuring Remote Access
Lab : Administer Users, Groups and Computers
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Client Computers
- Administering Remote Web Workplace
Session 3: Manage Messaging, Administer and maintain system services
- Manage Messaging
- Modify Server Storage
- Configure Reports
- Backup and Recovery of SBS 2008
Lab : Manage Messaging, Administer and maintain system services
- Moving Data Folders
- Manage Mailboxes
- Backup and Restore SBS 2008
Session 4: Migrating to SBS 2008 from SBS 2003 or Windows Server 2003
- Source Server Preparation
- Configuring the Answer File
- Performing Migration Tasks
- Source Server Decommission
Lab : Migrating to SBS 2008 from SBS 2003
- Creating the Migration Answer File
- Running the Migration Preparation Tool
- Performing Migration Tasks
Attendees will get the most out of this workshop if they have the following prerequisites:
- Two or more years experience in the design and implementation of WindowsSBS 2000 or SBS 2003.
- Two or more years experience with Microsoft Windows networking.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses:
- Course 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Sever 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform
- Course 6424: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System