Exam 62-193 – Technology Literacy for Educators
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. View video tutorials about thevariety of question typeson Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Pleasesend Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit anexam challenge.
Demonstrate understanding of the Technology Literacy Goals described in the Competency Framework for Teachers (CFT) framework
- Identify the policy goals supported by the CFT framework
- Identify CFT framework and approaches
- Identify the target student outcomes that result from implementing a CFT-supported learning experience
Demonstrate basic knowledge of how Information and Communication Tools (ICT) resources can support curriculum outcomes
- Given a curriculum goal or standard, incorporate ICT resources
- Given a scenario, evaluate and select an ICT instructional resource
- Given a scenario, evaluate and select an ICT assessment resource
- Select an appropriate computer-based tool to monitor and share student performance data
Use basic tools to support learning activities
- Given a specific learning activity, identify the hardware requirements and devices necessary to support the activity
- Use the Internet to support learning activities
- Use a search engine and search strategies to support learning activities
- Create and use a web-based email account
- Given a scenario, select the most appropriate type of software application
- Use software to manage and share student and classroom data
- Use common communication and collaboration technologies to support learning activities
Organize and manage a standard classroom
- Integrate learning activities into a computer laboratory environment
- Manage the use of ICT resources with individuals, small, groups, and whole groups in varied environments
- Manage logistics and social interactions around ICT resources
Use digital literacy tools to enhance professional performance
- Use ICT resources to enhance teacher productivity
- Use ICT resources to support teacher professional learning
- Identify and manage Internet safety issues