QuickBooks® 2010 for Windows: Introduction
Course number: 084747
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will use the basic features of QuickBooks to record and track your business transactions.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who have no prior knowledge of how to use QuickBooks, or for persons who are familiar with the software and want to learn about the new features and functionality of QuickBooks 2010.
Prerequisites: To ensure successful completion of QuickBooks 2010, students need to have a basic understanding of the computer operating system.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware requirements.
- Intel® Pentium® IV 1.8 GHz processor or higher
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM for a single user, or minimum 512 MB of RAM for multiple or concurrent users
- Minimum 1 GB disk space
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- High speed Internet connection
Each computer requires the following software:
- Intuit® QuickBooks® Premier Accountant 2010
- Microsoft® Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0
- Microsoft® Office 2007
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the QuickBooks interface and access the QuickBooks centers available in QuickBooks 2010 to familiarize yourself with the application.
- set up a company and update the Chart of Accounts using the EasyStep Interview Wizard feature.
- build and manage lists using the options available in the QuickBooks centers.
- manage inventory using the options in the Vendor Center.
- record a product sale in QuickBooks using the options in the Customer Center.
- create invoice for services using the options in the Vendors Center.
- work with bank accounts using the options provided in the Banking section of the QuickBooks interface.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with QuickBooks 2010
- Topic 1A: Explore the QuickBooks Interface
- Topic 1B: Access the QuickBooks Centers
- Topic 1C: Use QuickBooks Help
- Lesson 2: Entering Company Details
- Topic 2A: Create a Company
- Topic 2B: Update the Chart of Accounts
- Topic 2C: Save a Copy of the Company
- Lesson 3: Building QuickBooks Lists
- Topic 3A: Build Employees Lists
- Topic 3B: Build Item Lists
- Topic 3C: Build Customers and Jobs Lists
- Topic 3D: Build Vendors Lists
- Topic 3E: Modify Multiple List Entries
- Topic 3F: Manage Lists
- Lesson 4: Managing Inventory
- Topic 4A: Place Purchase Orders
- Topic 4B: Record Receipt of Inventory
- Topic 4C: Make Payments
- Topic 4D: Update Inventory Manually
- Lesson 5: Recording Product Sales
- Topic 5A: Create a Product Invoice
- Topic 5B: Record a Cash Sale
- Topic 5C: Prepare a Credit Memo
- Topic 5D: Track Customer Payments
- Lesson 6: Creating Service Invoices
- Topic 6A: Create a Service Invoice
- Topic 6B: Record Statement Charges
- Topic 6C: Generate a Billing Statement
- Lesson 7: Managing Bank Accounts
- Topic 7A: Record Deposits
- Topic 7B: Pay Using Checks
- Topic 7C: Maintain the Check Register
- Topic 7D: Transfer Funds Between Accounts
- Topic 7E: Reconcile the Accounts
- quickbooks 2010