QuickBooks® 2010 for Windows: Advanced
Course number: 084748
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will examine how to use the advanced features in QuickBooks to create estimates, convert estimates into invoices, process sales tax and payroll, generate reports, review client data, and work with other applications.
Target Student: This course is designed for users or accounting professionals who want to employ the advanced productivity and creative features of QuickBooks 2010.
Prerequisites: To ensure successful completion of QuickBooks 2010, students need to have a basic understanding of the computer operating system. It is highly recommended that students take the QuickBooks® 2010 for Windows: Introduction course, or have equivalent knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create an estimate for a job and then convert it into an invoice.
- record business assets and liabilities.
- process sales tax.
- create and work with reports.
- process payroll manually.
- check the accuracy of accounting data.
- integrate other applications with QuickBooks.
- Lesson 1: Creating Estimates
- Topic 1A: Prepare an Estimate
- Topic 1B: Convert an Estimate into an Invoice
- Topic 1C: Customize an Invoice
- Lesson 2: Recording Business Assets and Liabilities
- Topic 2A: Examine the Online Banking Features
- Topic 2B: Record Credit Card Charges
- Topic 2C: Record Depreciation on Fixed Assets
- Topic 2D: Record and Calculate Loan Accounts
- Lesson 3: Processing Sales Tax
- Topic 3A: Set Up Sales Tax Items
- Topic 3B: Identify Taxable Items
- Topic 3C: Apply Sales Tax to Product Sales
- Topic 3D: Pay Sales Tax
- Lesson 4: Creating and Modifying Reports
- Topic 4A: Create and Modify a QuickReport
- Topic 4B: View Preset Reports
- Topic 4C: Display and Customize a Graph
- Lesson 5: Processing Payroll Manually
- Topic 5A: Set Up QuickBooks Payroll
- Topic 5B: Add Employee Payroll Information
- Topic 5C: Process Payroll
- Topic 5D: Make Payroll Tax Payments
- Topic 5E: Track Time
- Lesson 6: Examining Accuracy of Data
- Topic 6A: Create a User Profile for an External Accountant
- Topic 6B: Find and Fix Errors
- Lesson 7: Integrating Other Applications with QuickBooks
- Topic 7A: Compose and Send Letters to Customers
- Topic 7B: Synchronize QuickBooks Data with Microsoft Outlook
- Topic 7C: Export Reports to Microsoft Excel
- quickbooks 2010