QuarkXPress® 8: Level 2
Course number: 084926
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will work on existing layouts to present content effectively and make them more professional-looking.
Target Student: This course is intended for designers who know the basics of QuarkXPress® and want to learn how to use it more effectively. They should already have a basic understanding of layout techniques
Prerequisites: We recommend that you take the QuarkXPress® 8: Level 1 course offered by Element K or have equivalent knowledge.
Each computer requires the following software:
- QuarkXPress® 8
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- work with shapes and paths.
- create graphical effects.
- create type effects.
- organize items.
- reuse the contents in a layout.
- finalize a layout for commercial printing.
- Lesson 1: Working with Shapes and Paths
- Topic 1A: Add Basic Shapes
- Topic 1B: Add Custom Shapes
- Topic 1C: Draw Lines
- Lesson 2: Creating Graphical Effects
- Topic 2A: Apply Effects to Pictures
- Topic 2B: Silhouette Pictures
- Topic 2C: Apply Color to Images
- Lesson 3: Enhancing the Presentation of Text
- Topic 3A: Apply Text Effects
- Topic 3B: Typeset Numbers
- Topic 3C: Create Paragraph Rules
- Topic 3D: Hyphenate Text
- Lesson 4: Organizing Items
- Topic 4A: Place Items in a Layout
- Topic 4B: Work with Layers
- Lesson 5: Reusing Content in a Layout
- Topic 5A: Organize Elements in Libraries
- Topic 5B: Share Content
- Topic 5C: Create Master Pages
- Lesson 6: Finalizing Layouts
- Topic 6A: Format Text in a Layout
- Topic 6B: Create Bleeds
- Topic 6C: Section a Document
- Topic 6D: Index Documents
- Topic 6E: Create a List
- Topic 6F: Create Print Styles
- Topic 6G: Create a Book