- Describe the benefits of Windows 8.
- Understand the differences between the various editions of Windows 8.
- Navigate in the Start Screen and Desktop UI.
- Find applications and content.
- Manage and secure your computer device.
- Organize and work with applications.
Course OutlineModule 1: Introducing Windows 8This lesson provides a general overview of the features of Windows 8. You will be given an introduction of the new user interface including touch centric features; the different Windows 8 editions and upgrading from previous Windows operating systems.Lessons
- Introducing Windows 8
- Windows 8 User Interface
- Navigating the User Interface
- Finding Apps and Content
- Organizing Apps
- Managing Apps
- Securing your Device
- Managing your Device
Lab : Searching for Apps and Documents
- Launching the Control Panel
- Locating Files and Photos
- Displaying a Map
- Searching the Microsoft Store
Lab : Organizing the Start Screen
- Pinning a Website to the Start Screen
- Searching for a Website and Pin to Start Screen
- Creating a Tile Group
Lab : Installing an App from the Windows Store
- Searing and Installing an App
- Uninstalling an App
Lab : Working with User Accounts and Settings
- Add a Microsoft Account
- Creating a PIN Code
- Creating a Picture Password
- Configuring Family Safety Settings
- Configuring Data Synchronization
Lab : Configuring the Device
- Creating a Custom Power Plan
- Reviewing Notification Settings
- Viewing Notifications
- Understand the differences between Windows 8 and earlier versions of Windows.
- Describe the touch centric features of Windows 8.
- Understand the Windows 8 editions.
- Describe which versions of Windows can be upgraded to Windows 8.
- Basic computer skills (managing files and browsing the web).