091050 - Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 3 (1 Day)
Microsoft® Word 2016 enables you to do far more than simple word processing. Word includes advanced image manipulation tools, collaboration features, cross-referencing and linking tools, entry forms and data collection, security features, and tools to automate document production.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2016 Exam and the Word 2016 Expert Exam.
In this course, you will:
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Secure a document.
- Create and manipulate forms.
- Create macros to automate tasks.
This course is intended for students who want to use advanced capabilities in Word, including image manipulation, collaboration and revision tracking, cross-referencing and linking, document security, forms, and process automation through macros.
To ensure success, you should be comfortable in the Windows® 10 environment, and be able to use Windows 10 to manage information on your computer. Specific tasks you should be able to perform include opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. The following Logical Operations courses would prepare you for this course:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 2
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 25 GB available disk space
- DirectX 10 graphics card and a 1,024 × 576 or higher resolution monitor (1,024 × 768 resolution or higher monitor recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2016
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional or Enterprise
Although it may be possible to deliver course content by using Microsoft Office Word 2016 on a Windows 7/8/8.1 installation, this course was written and tested on Windows 10 Pro. If you plan to teach this course using a different version of Windows, you should key through the course completely to note what will be different before you deliver the course to students.
Lesson 1:Manipulating Images
Topic A:Integrate Pictures and Text
Topic B:Adjust Image Appearance
Topic C:Insert Other Media Elements
Lesson 2:Using Custom Graphic Elements
Topic A:Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
Topic B:Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
Topic C:Draw Shapes
Topic D:Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 3:Collaborating on Documents
Topic A:Prepare a Document for Collaboration
Topic B:Mark Up a Document
Topic C:Review Markups
Topic D:Merge Changes from Other Documents
Lesson 4:Adding Document References and Links
Topic A:Add Captions
Topic B:Add Cross-References
Topic C:Add Bookmarks
Topic D:Add Hyperlinks
Topic E:Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
Topic F:Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5:Securing a Document
Topic A:Suppress Information
Topic B:Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
Topic C:Restrict Document Access
Topic D:Add a Digital Signature to a Document
Lesson 6:Using Forms to Manage Content
Topic A:Create Forms
Topic B:Modify Forms
Lesson 7:Automating Repetitive Tasks with Macros
Topic A:Automate Tasks by Using Macros
Topic B:Create a Macro
Appendix A:Microsoft Office Word 2016 Exam 77-725
Appendix B:Microsoft Office Word 2016 Expert Exam 77-726
Appendix C:Microsoft Word 2016 Common Keyboard Shortcuts