Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007: Level 2
Course number: 084902; One day; Instructor-Led
Software: Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007: Level 2 is the second course in the Microsoft Visio 2007 series. In Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007: Level 1, you used the various templates to design and manage workflows and flowcharts. This course will build upon the knowledge gained, and enable you to work with many advanced features, including using the drawing tools, creating and working with custom stencils and templates, and sharing your Visio drawings with other applications.
Course Objective: You will create custom elements and a custom template, represent external data as a drawing, and share your work with others.
Target Student: This course is designed for individuals who have an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with personal computers, mouse, and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders. Apart from these, the user should be familiar with Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007: Level 1. Also, a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access would be helpful, but is not required.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
To use Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007 on a student's machine, you need the following:
- Intel® Pentium® 1.64 GHz or a higher processor
- 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM or more
- 15 gigabytes (GB) of available hard-disk space or more
- CD-ROM drive or DVD ROM
- Super VGA or higher resolution monitor
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse®, or a compatible pointing device
- A printer
- A projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Additional items or services are required to use certain features: such as 14.4 Kbps or a faster modem, and a multimedia computer to access sound and other multimedia effects
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business Edition
Software required on each machine includes the following:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business Edition or Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2007
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a custom shape.
- design a custom stencil.
- design styles and templates.
- design a floor plan.
- represent external data in Visio.
- share your drawings.
Lesson 1: Creating a Custom Shape
Topic 1A: Draw Basic Shapes
Topic 1B: Enhance Basic Shapes
Lesson 2: Designing a Custom Stencil
Topic 2A: Create a Custom Stencil
Topic 2B: Customize a Stencil Master
Lesson 3: Designing Styles and Templates
visio professional 2007