091113 -Microsoft Office Publisher 2013 (1 Day)
Microsoft® Publisher is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher offers a large selection of "building blocks" that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Publisher integrates mail merge features, which is handy when you need to send publications to a list of customers, and it's possible to export publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents. With a user-friendly interface, Microsoft Publisher makes it easy to create and edit publications.
In this course, you will create, format, edit, and share publications.
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface.
- Add content in a publication.
- Format text in a publication.
- Edit the contents of a publication.
- Add and format graphics.
- Print and share a publication.
This course is intended for persons in a variety of job roles such as publishing specialists, layout specialists, graphic designers, or any other knowledge workers who need to use Microsoft Publisher 2103 to create, lay out, edit, and share publications.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic Windows® 8 tasks and be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft® Windows® 8: Transition from Windows 7
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
For this course, you will need the following software:
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2013
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Adobe® Reader®XI (11.0.01) or latest version
Lesson 1:Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2013
Topic A:Explore the Interface
Topic B:Customize the Publisher Interface
Topic C:Create a Publication
Lesson 2:Adding Content to a Publication
Topic A:Add Text to a Publication
Topic B:Organize Text Boxes and Picture Placeholders in a Layout
Topic C:Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
Topic D:Apply Building Blocks
Lesson 3:Formatting Text in a Publication
Topic A:Format Text and Paragraphs
Topic B:Apply Paragraph Styles
Topic C:Apply Schemes
Lesson 4:Editing Text in a Publication
Topic A:Edit Text in a Publication
Topic B:Present Content in Tables
Topic C:Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Lesson 5:Adding and Formatting Graphics in a Publication
Topic A:Add Graphical Objects to a Publication
Topic B:Manipulate the Appearance of Pictures
Lesson 6:Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
Topic A:Save a Publication
Topic B:Run Design Checker
Topic C:Preview and Print a Publication
Topic D:Share a Publication