Microsoft Office Project 2007: Level 1
Course 084774: One day; Instructor-Led
Software: Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
You need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
You will create a project plan containing tasks, organize these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, and finalize the project to implement the project plan.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans.
Students enrolled for this course should have the following:
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows XP or Windows Vista.
The following would be helpful, but are not required:
- Project Management Fundamentals Part 1 and 2 (Element K course).
- Harvard Manage Mentor: Project Management (Element K course).
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can verify project information.
- create a new project plan.
- manage tasks by organizing them and setting task relationships.
- manage resources in a project plan.
- finalize the project plan.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
Topic 1A: Explore the Microsoft Project 2007 Environment
Topic 1B: Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
Topic 2A: Create a New Project Plan
Topic 2B: Assign a Project Calendar
Topic 2C: Add Tasks to the Project Plan
Topic 2D: Enter the Task Duration Estimates
Topic 2E: Add Resources in the Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
Topic 3A: Outline Tasks
Topic 3B: Add a Recurring Task
Topic 3C: Link Dependent Tasks
Topic 3D: Set a Constraint to a Task
Topic 3E: Set a Task Deadline
Topic 3F: Add Notes to a Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
Topic 4A: Create a Resource Calendar
Topic 4B: Assign Resources to Tasks
Topic 4C: Assign Additional Resources to a Task
Topic 4D: Enter Costs for Resources
Topic 4E: Enter Values for Budget Resources
Topic 4F: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing the Project Plan
Topic 5A: Display the Critical Path
Topic 5B: Shorten the Project Duration
Topic 5C: Set a Baseline
Topic 5D: Print a Project Summary Report