091061 - Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016: Part 2 (1 Day)
Meetings, instruction, training, pitches; these are all a part of our daily lives. We are often called upon to deliver presentations with little notice, at multiple venues, and with varying requirements. And, some of these presentations include sensitive information that needs to be guarded. Given all the variables, it may seem an overwhelming task to deliver your content, on time, to all audiences, and to only those who need to see it. Oh, and by the way, you need to make it interesting, informative, and memorable. So, how do you do it? Without the help of a robust set of tools, it would be nearly impossible. But Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2016 provides you with a variety of such tools that can help you deliver content in nearly any situation, while saving time and effort. By taking advantage of these tools, you will be creating presentations that not only stand out from the crowd, but also don't consume all of your available time.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to customize the PowerPoint 2016 application, and effectively create, collaborate on, secure, and distribute complex multimedia presentations for a variety of situations.
- Modify the PowerPoint environment.
- Customize design templates.
- Add SmartArt and math equations to a presentation.
- Work with media and animations.
- Collaborate on a presentation.
- Customize a slide show.
- Secure and distribute a presentation.
This course is intended for students who have a foundational working knowledge of PowerPoint 2016, who wish to take advantage of the application's higher-level usability, security, collaboration, and distribution functionality.
To ensure success, students should have experience using PowerPoint 2016, running within the Windows® 10 operating system, to create, edit, and deliver multimedia presentations. To attain this level of knowledge and skills, you can take the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10orMicrosoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2016: Part 1
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 25 GB available disk space
- DirectX 10 graphics card and a 1,024 × 576 or higher resolution monitor (1,024 × 768 resolution or higher monitor recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2016
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft® Edge; Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11 or above; Mozilla® Firefox® 10.x or later; or Google Chrome™.
- Web conferencing application for class sessions with remote students or a blend of live and remote students
Lesson 1:Modifying the PowerPoint Environment
Topic A:Customize the User Interface
Topic B:Set PowerPoint 2016 Options
Lesson 2:Customizing Design Templates
Topic A:Modify Slide Masters and Slide Layouts
Topic B:Add Headers and Footers
Topic C:Modify the Notes Master and the Handout Master
Lesson 3:Adding SmartArt and Math Equations to a Presentation
Topic A:Create SmartArt
Topic B:Modify SmartArt
Topic C:Write Math Equations
Lesson 4:Working with Media and Animations
Topic A:Add Audio to a Presentation
Topic B:Add Video to a Presentation
Topic C:Customize Animations and Transitions
Lesson 5:Collaborating on a Presentation
Topic A:Review a Presentation
Topic B:Store and Share Presentations on the Web
Lesson 6:Customizing a Slide Show
Topic A:Annotate a Presentation
Topic B:Set Up a Slide Show
Topic C:Create a Custom Slide Show
Topic D:Add Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
Topic E:Record a Presentation
Lesson 7:Securing and Distributing a Presentation
Topic A:Secure a Presentation
Topic B:Broadcast a Slide Show
Topic C:Create a Video or a CD
Appendix A:Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 Exam 77-422
Appendix B:Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Common Keyboard Shortcuts