Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: Level 2
Course number: 084897
Software: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
If you have been using Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 as a communications tool, then you know how to send a mail message; schedule appointments and meetings; and create contacts, tasks, and notes. This course is the second in a series of three Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 courses. In this course, you will customize your Outlook environment, Calendar, mail, folders, and also track, share, assign, and quickly locate various Outlook items.
Course Objective: You will customize your environment, Calendar, and mail messages to meet your specific needs as well as track, share, assign, and quickly locate various Outlook items.
Target Student: This course is designed for experienced Outlook users who need to customize their environment, Calendar, and email messages to meet their specific requirements and who wish to track, share, assign, and locate various Outlook items.
Prerequisites: Before taking this course, students are required to take the following Element K courses or possess equivalent knowledge of:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- Windows XP Professional: Level 2
- Windows XP: Introduction
- Windows 2000: Introduction
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: Level 1
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
For this course, you will need one computer for the classroom to run Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and Exchange Server 2007 that meets the following system requirements:
- A x64 architecture-based computer with an Intel processor that supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or an AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform.
- A minimum of 2 GB of RAM is required. 2GB of RAM per server plus 5 MB of RAM per mailbox is recommended.
- A 20 GB hard disk.
- A DVD-ROM drive, local or network accessible.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution or higher video card and monitor.
- A keyboard and a mouse or other input device.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware components:
- A 500 MHz processor or higher.
- 512 MB of RAM.
- A 20 GB hard disk or larger.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A mouse or other pointing device.
- An 1024 x 768 resolution video card and monitor.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (see your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional).
- A projection system to display the instructor's computer screen.
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 or Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Standard or Enterprise
- Microsoft .Net Framework Version 2.0
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0
- Windows PowerShell
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) SP1
- Exchange Server 2007
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize the Calendar by setting various Calendar options.
- customize message options.
- track work activities using the Journal.
- assign and track tasks.
- share folder information.
- customize the Outlook environment.
- locate Outlook items.
- work with public folders.
Lesson 1: Setting Calendar Options
Topic 1A: Set Work Days and Times
Topic 1B: Display an Additional Time Zone
Topic 1C: Set Availability Options
Lesson 2: Customizing Message Options
Topic 2A: Modify Message Settings
Topic 2B: Modify Delivery Options
Topic 2C: Change the Message Format
Topic 2D: Notify Others That You will be Out of the Office
Topic 2E: Create a Distribution List
Topic 2F: Insert a Hyperlink
Lesson 3: Tracking Work Activities Using the Journal
Topic 3A: Automatically Record a Journal Entry
Topic 3B: Manually Record a Journal Entry
Topic 3C: Modify a Journal Entry
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
Topic 4A: Assign a Task
Topic 4B: Reply to a Task Request
Topic 4C: Send a Task Update
Topic 4D: Track Assigned Tasks
Lesson 5: Sharing Folder Information
Topic 5A: Specify Folder Permissions
Topic 5B: Delegate Access to Folders
Topic 5C: Access Another User's Folder
Topic 5D: Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
Lesson 6: Customizing the Outlook Environment
Topic 6A: Customize the Toolbar
Topic 6B: Create a New Toolbar
Topic 6C: Customize the Menu Bar
Topic 6D: Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
Topic 6E: Customize the To-Do Bar
Topic 6F: Create a Folder Home Page
Lesson 7: Locating Outlook Items
Topic 7A: Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
Topic 7B: Find Messages
Topic 7C: Find Outlook Items Using Multiple Criteria
Topic 7D: Filter Messages
Topic 7E: Organize Messages
Topic 7F: Manage Junk Email
Lesson 8: Working with Public Folders
Topic 8A: Create a Public Folder
Topic 8B: Add Users to a Public Folder
Topic 8C: Post Information in a Public Folder
Topic 8D: Send an Email Message to a Public Folder