Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Part 2
Whether you need to crunch numbers for sales, inventory, IT, human resources, or another business unit, the ability to get the right information to the right people at the right time can create a powerful competitive advantage in a complex market environment.
This course builds upon the foundational Microsoft® Office Excel® 2013 knowledge and skills you've already acquired and sets you on the road to creating advanced workbooks and worksheets that will deepen your firm's business intelligence.
You’ll learn a lot of things about Excel 2013, including how to create advanced formulas and organize your data into tables. You'll discover the power of PivotTables and PivotCharts and how slicers can make data filtering as easy as clicking a few buttons.
At its heart, this course is about one simple idea: asking your data questions and using Excel 2013 to find the answers.
In this course, you will:
- Create advanced formulas.
- Analyze data with logical and lookup functions.
- Organize worksheet data with tables.
- Visualize data by using charts.
- Analyzing data with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts.
- Insert graphic objects.
- Enhance workbooks.
This course is designed for individuals who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel 2013 and are ready to advance their data analysis skills and abilities through the application of advanced Excel 2013 functionality such as advanced formula creation, tables, charts, PivotTables and PivotCharts.
Prior to taking this course, you should either have taken Microsoft® Office Excel® 2013: Part 1or have equivalent knowledge.
Lesson 1: Creating Advanced Formulas
- Topic A: Apply Range Names
- Topic B: Use Specialized Functions
Lesson 2: Analyzing Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
- Topic A: Leverage Questions and Testing to Write Formulas
- Topic B: Use Logical and Lookup Functions to Find Answers to Questions
Lesson 3: Organizing Worksheet Data with Tables
- Topic A: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic B: Sort and Filter Data
- Topic C: Use Summary and Database Functions to Calculate Data
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Charts
- Topic A: Create Charts
- Topic B: Modify and Format Charts
- Topic C: Create a Trendline
- Topic D: Create Advanced Charts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data with PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Topic A: Create a PivotTable
- Topic B: Filter Data by Using Slicers
- Topic C: Analyze Data by Using PivotCharts
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphics
- Topic A: Insert and Modify Graphic Objects
- Topic B: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
- Topic C: Incorporate SmartArt
Lesson 7: Enhancing Workbooks
- Topic A: Customize Workbooks
- Topic B: Manage Themes
- Topic C: Create and Use Templates
- Topic D: Protect Files