Microsoft Office Excel 2010: Level 1
Course number: 084576
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
About this Course
You will create and edit basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets and workbooks.
This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of Element K's introductory Windows courses, such as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
· Windows XP Professional : Level 1
· Windows XP : Introduction
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
· Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
· Modify an Excel worksheet.
· Format a worksheet.
· Print the content of an Excel workbook.
· Manage an Excel workbook.
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Excel Worksheet
· Topic 1A:Identify the Elements of the User Interface
· Topic 1B:Customize the Excel Interface
· Topic 1C:Work with Cells
· Topic 1D:Enter Data in an Excel Workbook
· Topic 1E:Obtain Help in Excel
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations in an Excel Worksheet
· Topic 2A:Create Basic Formulas
· Topic 2B:Calculate the Cell Values by Using Functions
· Topic 2C:Copy Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying an Excel Worksheet
· Topic 3A:Manipulate Data
· Topic 3B:Modify the Worksheet Elements
· Topic 3C:Search for Data in a Worksheet
· Topic 3D:Modify Rows and Columns
Lesson 4: Formatting an Excel Worksheet
· Topic 4A:Modify Fonts
· Topic 4B:Check a Worksheet for Spelling Errors
· Topic 4C:Apply Number Formatting
· Topic 4D:Add Borders and Colors to Cells
· Topic 4E:Align the Content in a Cell
· Topic 4F:Apply Cell Styles
Lesson 5: Printing Excel Workbooks
· Topic 5A:Set the Page Layout Options
· Topic 5B:Set Page Breaks
· Topic 5C:Print a Workbook
Lesson 6: Managing an Excel Workbook
· Topic 6A:Format Worksheet Tabs
· Topic 6B:Manage Worksheets
· Topic 6C:View Worksheets and Workbooks.