Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: Level 3
Your training in and use of Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007. You have used Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 to perform tasks such as running calculations on data and sorting and filtering numeric data. In this course, you will extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Excel by automating some common tasks, applying advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, collaborating on worksheets with others, and sharing Excel data with other applications.
You will automate some common Excel tasks, apply advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, collaborate on worksheets with others, and share Excel data with other applications.
This course was designed for students desiring to gain the skills necessary to create macros, collaborate with others, audit and analyze worksheet data, incorporate multiple data sources, and import and export data. In addition, the course is also for students desiring to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam in Excel 2007, and who already have knowledge of the basics of Excel, including how to create, edit, format, and print worksheets that include charts and sorted and filtered data.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 Level 2
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (Office Specialist) skill sets. The Office Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft?s business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order to earn Office Specialist certification.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- increase productivity and improve efficiency by streamlining your workflow.
- collaborate with others using workbooks.
- audit worksheets.
- analyze data.
- work with multiple workbooks.
- import and export data.
- use Excel with the web.
- structure workbooks with XML.
Lesson 1: Streamlining Workflow
- Topic 1A: Create a Macro
- Topic 1B: Edit a Macro
- Topic 1C: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic 1D: Add Data Validation Criteria
- Topic 1E: Update a Workbook's Properties
- Topic 1F: Modify Excel's Default Settings
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Others
- Topic 2A: Protect Files
- Topic 2B: Share a Workbook
- Topic 2C: Set Revision Tracking
- Topic 2D: Review Tracked Revisions
- Topic 2E: Merge Workbooks
- Topic 2F: Adjust Macro Settings
- Topic 2G: Administer Digital Signatures
- Topic 2H: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 3: Auditing Worksheets
- Topic 3A: Trace Cell Precedents
- Topic 3B: Trace Cell Dependents
- Topic 3C: Troubleshoot Errors in Formulas
- Topic 3D: Troubleshoot Invalid Data and Formulas
- Topic 3E: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
- Topic 3F: Create a Data List Outline
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data
- Topic 4A: Create a Trendline
- Topic 4B: Create Scenarios
- Topic 4C: Perform What-If Analysis
- Topic 4D: Perform Statistical Analysis with the Analysis ToolPak
Lesson 5: Working with Multiple Workbooks
- Topic 5A: Create a Workspace
- Topic 5B: Consolidate Data
- Topic 5C: Link Cells in Different Workbooks
- Topic 5D: Edit Links
Lesson 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Topic 6A: Export Excel Data
- Topic 6B: Import a Word Table
- Topic 6C: Import a Delimited Text File
Lesson 7: Using Excel with the Web
- Topic 7A: Publish a Worksheet to the Web
- Topic 7B: Import Data from the Web
- Topic 7C: Create a Web Query
Lesson 8: Structuring Workbooks with XML
- Topic 8A: Develop XML Maps
- Topic 8B: Import and Export XML Data
- Topic 8C: Manage XML Workbooks
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Specialist Program
*E-Tek is an authorized Prometric testing center, offering official Microsoft certification exams at its Secaucus, New Jersey (NJ) location.