Microsoft Office Access 2010: Level 3
Course Objective:You will create complex Access databases by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, and performing database maintenance.
Target Student:This course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance.
Prerequisites:To ensure your success, knowledge of basic and intermediate features of Access tables, relationships, and queries, forms, and reports is recommended. The following E-Tek courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2010: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2010: Level 2
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- restructure data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- write advanced queries to analyze and summarize data.
- create and revise Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 macros.
- customize reports by using various Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 features.
- maintain their databases using Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 tools.
Lesson 1: Structuring Existing Data
- Topic 1A:Restructure the Data in a Table
- Topic 1B:Create a Junction Table
- Topic 1C:Improve the Table Structure
Lesson 2: Writing Advanced Queries
- Topic 2A:Create SubQueries
- Topic 2B:Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Topic 2C:Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Topic 2D:Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
- Topic 2E:Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
Lesson 3: Simplifying Tasks with Macros
- Topic 3A:Create a Macro
- Topic 3B:Attach a Macro
- Topic 3C:Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Topic 3D:Validate Data Using a Macro
- Topic 3E:Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Lesson 4: Creating Effective Reports
- Topic 4A:Include a Chart in a Report
- Topic 4B:Print Data in Columns
- Topic 4C:Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Topic 4D:Publish Reports as PDF
Lesson 5: Maintaining an Access Database
- Topic 5A:Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic 5B:Manage a Database
- Topic 5C:Determine Object Dependency
- Topic 5D:Document a Database
- Topic 5E:Analyze the Performance of a Database