SQL2008 - ADMINBOOTCAMP
The MCTS: SQL Server 2008: Implementation and Maintenance bootcamp is for professionals who work with SQL Server 2008, or who anticipate doing so in the near future.
This Microsoft MCTS boot camp training includes 50 hours on intense training lectures, hands on labs, Microsoft Official Courseware, test prep material for the exam, and lunch.
This bootcamp consists of the following courses:
- Course 6231: Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Boot Camp
- Course 6232: Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Boot Camp
Training begins every morning at 8:00 AM and ends at 6:00 PM.
Module I of II
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2008 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2008.
- Manage database files.
- Backup and restore databases.
- Manage security.
- Transfer data into and out of SQL Server.
- Automate administrative tasks.
- Replicate data between SQL Server instances.
- Maintain high availability.
- Monitor SQL Server.
Module II of II
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to implement a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2008 product features and tools related to implementing a database.
- Create databases and database files.
- Create data types and tables.
- Use XML-related features in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Plan, create, and optimize indexes.
- Implement data integrity in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 databases by using constraints.
- Implement data integrity in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 by using triggers.
- Implement views.
- Implement stored procedures.
- Implement functions.
- Implement managed code in the database.
- Manage transactions and locks.
- Use Service Broker to build a messaging-based solution.
You may also be interested in the following training course: