5131: Preparing for MCP Exam 70-282, Designing, Deploying, and Managing a Network Solution for a Small- and Medium-Sized Business (1 Day)
About this Course
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.This one-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to prepare for exam 70-282, Designing, Deploying, and Managing a Network Solution for a Small and Medium-Sized Business.
This course is intended for IT professionals who work with small and medium-sized organizations. These professionals include product resellers, service providers, in-house technology experts, self-employed business proprietors (the "do-it-yourself" crowd) and owners or employees of OEMs and system builders.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the skills and knowledge necessary to take exam 70-282.
- Understand the type and format of questions that will appear on exam 70-282.
- Identify tips and techniques to facilitate the exam taking process.
Module 1: 70-282 Exam Objective Review
This module expands on the official Microsoft exam objectives. A review of each major objective is followed by a series of questions that are reviewed with the instructor. Prior to attending this class, all students will receive and review the questions in preparation for the course. The exam review will cover the following topics:
- Analyzing the Existing Environment
- Designing a Business Technology Solution for a Small or Medium-Sized Business
- Installing and Configuring Windows Small Business Server 2003
- Supporting and Maintaining Small Business Server 2003
- Expanding the Small Business Server 2003 Network
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2003
Module 2: Understanding Exam Methodology
This module explains what should be expected when taking an official Microsoft exam. This module also provides some tips and techniques to help in preparing for an exam. In this module, students are exposed to sample questions that follow the same format as those presented in Microsoft Certification Exams.
- Question Types
- Exam Tips and Techniques
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Identify the different types of questions that appear on Microsoft exams.
- Identify techniques for writing exams.
Module 3: 70-282 Practice Exam
This module prepares students for the actual Microsoft exam. Students are presented with a paper based exam, with question similar in format to the official Microsoft exam. The practice exam is reviewed as a group by the instructor.
- Practice Exam
Module 4: 70-282 Challenge
This module is a fast paced Q&A to test the knowledge of participants and sharpen their skills. Students will challenge each other during a fun, interactive activity designed to reinforce the concepts taught during the course.